Thursday, March 31, 2016

Review: Goodbye to Yesterday

Title:  Goodbye to Yesterday
Author:  Wanda E. Brunstetter
Series:  The Discovery (#1)
Rating: 3/5

Summary:

Join Meredith and Luke Stoltzfus, an Amish couple who are faced with the greatest challenge of their young lives. Financial struggles. Arguments. A suspected pregnancy. A last-minute trip to Middlebury, Indiana. A drug addict on the run. A deadly encounter at a Philadelphia bus station. Will their love and faith be enough to bring them back together again, against all odds?

Review:

I'm not saying this book is bad, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  It's novella length, and book one of a six part series about an Amish couple.

I had two major problems with this book:  I hate things involving amnesia, and it moved slower than an Amish buggy (and I'm not being mean with that, I think Amish living is fascinating).  I didn't really realize it had to do with amnesia until the very end, but from what I read the rest of the series is heavily focused upon that aspect.

Overall, not going to read the rest of the series, but may try the author again with a different book or series.



No comments:

Post a Comment