Friday, May 20, 2016

2016 Reading Challenge: A Book You've Already Read At Least Once


A Book You've Already Read At Least Once

Choosing for this category was surprisingly hard, because I have read so many good books in the past, and re-read them already.  I ended up inadvertently choosing The Giver because I saw some students at my local library reading it for class and it made me want to re-read it.

Title:  The Giver
Author:  Lois Lowry
Rating:  4/5

Summary:

In a world with no poverty, no crime, no sickness and no unemployment, and where every family is happy, 12-year-old Jonas is chosen to be the community's Receiver of Memories. Under the tutelage of the Elders and an old man known as the Giver, he discovers the disturbing truth about his utopian world and struggles against the weight of its hypocrisy.








No comments:

Post a Comment