Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cover Love

I get attached to the covers of the editions I read of books and then hate their alternate covers!  So here are 10 of my favorite covers.  These are only of books I have read, and only a small selection.

10. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini - I love how abstract it seems, yet it makes perfect sense once you read the book.









9. Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess - The flower is so desolate and beautiful.  It's a perfect representation of the story and the main character.









8. Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz - As you can tell, I have a thing for simplicity and symbolism in cover art.









7. Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony & Rodrigo Corral - I think I love this cover so much because this book begs to have an image of our characters.









6. Matched by Ally Condie - I think this is my favorite cover of the series, most likely because I love the dress and my favorite color is green.









5. Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald - Love it almost as much as it's sequel (which is number 2 on this list).  Mostly I love how the writing overlaps the character.









4. By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters - I feel like she's begging for your help, and thus daring you to read the book.









3. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott - Again it's all in the symbolism.










2. Dreaming in English by Laura Fitzgerald - Do I really have to say anything besides "beautiful"?









1. Room by Emma Donoghue - I knew before I read the book-jacket that I would want to read this story.  The fact that it's a simple painted word on the cover of an adult fiction novel wouldn't let me not read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment