Sunday, August 4, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 14

We're almost done with this challenge!  Which is really good, cause at this point I'm kinda sick of it (and I'm pretty sure I'v told you guys that before).

Day 14:

Tell us your deal breakers.

For loving books, I am actually really picky about some things.


First, I won't read anything written with British-style quotations, i.e. 'this' instead of "this".  It just drives me nuts and my brain doesn't seem to transition between dialogue when it's like that.  It's an annoying quirk, because I know I'm missing out on a lot of good books, but for now it is how it is.

Second, plagiarism   That's kinda obvious though, right?  If you decide to steal someone else's work because you can't come up with your own, that's just unacceptable.  Accidental plagiarism is a different entity though, because it's entirely possible you've read something in your life and it inspired some details, and on the other end you can't read everything out there, so how are you supposed to know sometimes?

Third, a book over 500 pages, I just don't have the attention-span right now.  I have in the past (I have read all the Harry Potter books after all), and I'm sure this deal breaker will disappear in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment