Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [5]


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week, in the honor of Halloween, I bring you (from books and movies):

Top Ten Freakiest Characters

1. The Clown from It by Stephen King
  • Okay, seriously, who isn't freaked out by clowns?  Because if you're not then you're either lying or have never seen this movie/read this book.  The clown is beyond freaky and deserves to be on this list


2. Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
This woman was too pink, too perfect, and too smiley.  Those are things you definitely have to watch out for.  I mean, personally I think she was creepier than snake-faced Voldemort.  I would rather be stuck in a locked room with him.









3. The Governor
from The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman
  • I admit I haven't read about him in the books yet, but I did see him in the series and he is bat-shit crazy.  Like, comepletely off his rocker.  The "live" heads in tanks and his little pet walker girl?  Yeah, crazy.



4. President Coin from Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
  • She's more controlling and manipulative than President Snow, no competition.  End of story.


5. Ray from When Jeff Comes Home by Catherine Atkins

I'm sure most of you haven't heard of this book, but if you have then congratulations  you like to read rare and disturbing books.  Ray is the man that abducts Jeff as a teenager and rapes him repeatedly for a long period of time before just letting him go home.  There is definitely Stockholm Syndrome present here.







6. Edward Cullen from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
  • For all of those who want me dead for this one, think about it.  He's over 100 years old, stalked a teenager when she was sleeping and sparkles in the sun.  Come on people!  That's freaky, and he should be locked up, not living happily ever after.






7. Hannah Baker
from Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
  • I love this book, but she kills herself and leaves cassette takes to travel to the people who "made her do it"?  What kind of person does such a thing?  Apparently Hannah, the girl who we're supposed to feel bad for.



8. Nell Sweetzer from The Last Exorcism Part II (movie)
  • I know she's possessed, but the way she just walked out of the house at the end after killing everyone?  Yeah, she's right up there with Katie from Paranormal Activity.







9. V
from
V for Vendetta (movie)

Let me start with a disclaimer:  I LOVE V for Vendetta, and I love V himself.  But he is nuts.  Certifiably insane, no question, especially after what he did to Evey with his experimental hostage situation to make her "stronger."





10. Annie Wilkes from Misery by Stephen King

  • Finally, the reason why a popular author should be a little afraid of their fan-base.  The woman who locks you in a house to continue a book series with an outcome she likes.  And let's not forget the hammer to the ankles.  For that scene in the movie I nearly puked.  It was so disgusting.  Thinking about it while writing this list, she reminds me of a slightly crazier Dolores Umbridge.

2 comments:

  1. I love your spin on today's topic! For real, I'm right there with you on IT and Annie Wilkes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate clowns! Ugh. Creepy. Great list.

    Check out Our TTT

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete