Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Ten Childhood Characters You'd Love To Revisit As Adults
There are so many characters I love from my childhood! Heads up, some of these pictures are from movie adaptions of the books or graphic novel adaptions and are so not what I originally pictured them as.
Also keep in mind, I hated reading until I was about 12 years old! So most of these are middle grade and young adult level.
1. Severus Snape (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling) - Who wouldn't want to revisit him after reading the books growing up? I want to more recently since the new "book" is coming out and it's been a few years since I last re-read the series. The picture is an original sketch of him by J.K. Rowling.
2. Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer) - I never got to finish the series as a kid, but I always wanted to go an adventure with Artemis and Captain Holly Short. The picture is one from the graphic novel and not at all how I pictured him.
3. Max (Maximum Ride by James Patterson) - Loved her as the fearless leader in the first three books! And I consider those to be the core books.
4. Kira (Gatherin Blue by Lois Lowry) - I remember feeling a great love towards the gentle soul that was Kira, I would just generally love to feel the peace of her again.
5. Laura (Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder) - She was so free! Exploring the great unknown world with her sisters at her side and her parents always there. Nostalgia at it's finest for me right here.
6. David & Crew (Everworld series by Katherine Applegate) - If I can ever get my hands on this rare and old series again I will devour it in a week. This is how much I loved it.
7. Jack & Annie (Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborn) - Do I really need to embellish on this one? I thought not.
8. Nancy Drew (Nancy Drew by Caroline Keene) - I've only read these as an adult, but I would have like to re-read her in the future when I'm even more of an adult.
9. Alyssa (The Silent Storm by Sherry Garland) - I re-read this book every year. Alyssa is such a strong girl who finally finds herself after being lost in a real and emotional storm. She is empowering.
10. Corduroy (Corduroy by Don Freeman) - Favorite bear as a little kid.