Tuesday, July 16, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 6 + Review: Rage: A Love Story

Day 6:

Describe how you shop for books.

I shop via my library and Goodreads.com, meaning that's where I look to find books I want to read.  If I'm looking to purchase a book I look at Barnes & Noble online first (because I have a membership with them), and then at amazon.  I'll look in both places before buying to see which is cheapest and if either is running a special on the ebook version.

You guys getting sick of reading all these challenge responses yet?  I'll throw a review into this post too!


Title: Rage: A Love Story
Author: Julie Anne Peters
Rating: 4/5

Summary:

Johanna is steadfast, patient, reliable; the go-to girl, the one everyone can count on. But always being there for others can’t give Johanna everything she needs—it can’t give her Reeve Hartt.

Reeve is fierce, beautiful, wounded, elusive; a flame that draws Johanna’s fluttering moth. Johanna is determined to get her, against all advice, and to help her, against all reason. But love isn’t always reasonable, right?

In the precarious place where attraction and need collide, a teenager experiences the dark side of a first love, and struggles to find her way into a new light.


Review:

I read this book a long time ago, but it sticks in my head as a good read.  I loved both the characters, and loved them together (pretty much as equally as I hated them together).  The title is very fitting, because while this is a "love story", it's not traditional in the sense that the characters don't have an easy ride and don't seem to be well suited for one another.

I loved Johanna, she reminded me a lot of myself, and I even liked her with Reeve, but I didn't like their relationship because it was unhealthy and all that.  I love how the author shows how imperfect love can be though.

Once I picked up this book I think I had it done in something like a day and a half (or a few hours, I can't remember).  It really sucks you in and doesn't relinquish its claw-like hold until you've reached some sort of conclusion at the end.

As almost always, I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment