Sunday, September 25, 2016

Banned Book Week 2016



I LOVE banned book week!  I love that there are banned books.  Why?  Because that means we're all human and different and there is adversity that should be explored!

Now, I don't have time to do a read-a-thon of any type for it this year because my new job takes up all my time and brain power.  So, I have decided to highlight five of my favorite banned books I've read in the past.






A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
Reasons for being banned:  Drugs/alcohol/smoking, offensive language, sexually explicit, and unsuited for age group

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Reasons for being banned:  Drugs/alcohol/smoking, sexually explicit, suicide, unsuited for age group

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Reasons for being banned:  Offensive language; racism

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Reasons for being banned:  Occult/Satanism

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Reasons for being banned:  Language and sexual references


Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment